*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372231-Summer-4-Izzat-September-11
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#372231 added September 11, 2005 at 7:21pm
Restrictions: None
Summer: 4 Izzat (September 11)
TREASURE OF THE DAY


Through the hayfield's short, sharp stubble -
down the lane beneath the trees,
feel the cool, crisp tang of autumn
riding on the late day breeze

from: "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor


2005-09-11
vespers, 88 degrees. 75 in Fort Erie, Ontario.

Got a nice email from Jeanne Mason re prayers for New Orleans. She lives in Ridgeway which is now part of Fort Erie.

Went to the bell tower concert and spoke to Prof. Berghout. Told her the good news of being a student again. She's been encouraging.

2005-09-11
afternoon, 90 degrees. 87 in Fayetteville, NC. 78 in Wilmington, NC.

Ophelia is slowly getting closer to the Carolinas. Cooler in Wilmington which is catching a breeze. My Aunt Dot is in Fayetteville.

Still summery here. Weather will break Wednesday/Thursday. At the football game last night it was cooling through the 80s, but very dry and pleasant. Home team won, but did not impress me. Halftime was very colorful with all the high school bands on the field for Band Day. I sit in the cheap seats *Smile*, way up the hill.

OVERHEARD

"I made him fit, now he's in the dryer" re note on laundry list "Simon is in the wash - please help, Kelly".
"Moonbutterflies, whatever", in response to "Sorry I hit the monkey".

SENSED YESTERDAY:

Smell of bier and bbq; Fred singing a tune from the Beach Boys; small orange bug with green eyes and brown wings; fragrance of a white flowered vine, heavy in the summer heat; sweet basil for sale; market chatter; bass, guitar, fiddle and vocals; little chid breast feeding; the taste of walnut danish, the retaste of vomit.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372231-Summer-4-Izzat-September-11