*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372038-Summer-3-Izzat-September-10
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#372038 added September 10, 2005 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Summer: 3 Izzat (September 10)
TREASURE OF THE DAY

Just as it fills my lungs and clutches my throat…
I meet you.
I can breathe.
When I’m with you
I can breathe.

from: "A White Light"   [E] by SilverWolfBsg


2005-09-10
vespers, 89 degrees. 72 in Ponta Delgada, Açores.

Flores in the western Azores is expecting 40 mph winds. Depends on how close Nate comes. Nice in Ponta Delgada though.

As for here? Game time! I'm gone ...

2005-09-10
mid-afternoon, 90 degrees. 92 in Cleveland, OK.

Got a gruesome email from my friend Gary Glenn of Oklahoma yesterday. "Not everyone who gets hit by a drunk driver dies" is an awesome poster of Jacqueline Saburido. The email included before, during and after photos of her treatment after being burnt in an auto accident. Very good viewing for young college students. May be a bit much for teenagers.

Will need to take a break, in spite of the heat. The more time I'm inside the less input I get for ideas.

Tomorrow we'll know if Ophelia will threaten the Carolinas. My aunt in Fayetteville could be buffeted by some winds.

As for Maria? She may bypass the Azores and bluster Iceland. Nate looks like he may cause more concern for the western edge of the Azores.

2005-09-10
early afternoon, 85 degrees. 58 in Eureka, CA

Just read a chapbook Eureka Slough by Joseph Massey published by effing press of Austin, TX, http://www.effingpress.com It mentions slugs, so I suspect it isn't Eureka, Kansas! Always cool in Eureka.

I like the crisp imagery of the short poems. My favorites: On Samoa Peninsula, "We quote each other's silences. / What you wanted to say and forgot."; Front Yard, "in shadow slung / from a spray of nasturtiums / coiled up the side of the porch / -- snail-pocked, flecked / with sun-blanched trash. // You pluck a few, rinse them / under the garden hose, / slip them past your lips."; Alley; 101.

Jessica Kennedy loaned it to me. Met her for breakfast at Aimee's: gravy over biscuits, the house specialty. Got to joke with the owner Gary Strong about his mishap the other day that is slowly becoming a poem. Originally the title was going to be "The Salad of Gary B." but I may have to write another one because the first is not a ballad!

Warm here. It's band day and there's a parade downtown that I should've stayed for, but forgot. I'll catch the bands in the stadium later.

OVERHEARD

"I thought I had a squeak caught in the crack of my ass," Prof. Donald Huggins re a squeaking chair.

SENSED YESTERDAY:

Sound of wooden chimes; the sparkle of sun glinting off the quartz in the cement sidewalk; the bubble of fountain; a/c unit white noise; the tenor of tires on brick; a rustle of oak leaves.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372038-Summer-3-Izzat-September-10