*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380995-Eponyms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#380995 added October 21, 2005 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Eponyms
Eponyms are words coined from peoples names (my source on this is wordsmith's newsletter). For the past week this newsletter has had words that are coined from people's names. I've been thinking that those are the type of names one may want to use for minor characters in a novel. Names like that can be used (I think) for minor characters because you can give the character the name and not have to go into a deep description of the character. Although you would probably have to write or describe what the name mean. Also names like that may be good for the titles of poems.

Heath Robinson is an adjective that refers to something that is ridiculously impractical, something that is complex and fancificial. W. Heath Robinson (a British artist) is the muse for this word.

Cereologist, another eponyms, is someone who investigates crop circles. The muse for this word is Ceres the Roman goddess of agricultural.

© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380995-Eponyms