*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382465-Autumn-14-Ilm-October-29
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#382465 added October 29, 2005 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
Autumn: 14 'Ilm (October 29)
2005-10-29
after the game, 69 degrees, sunny, cheerful, exuberant. Colder than hell in Columbia, MO (okay, 64 ...)

I can't believe the home team won! It was nice sitting on the hill with the children and dogs. The cheap seats, I call them. The goal post ended up in the lake, along with more than a few of the partisan fans. My lament? No camera!

2005-10-29
before game time, 60 degrees, sunny, perfect for football! 53 in Columbia, MO.

Finally heard from Dan Hotea in Naples. Heard from Davíd McLaren in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. They both came through Wilma okay.

Hurricane Beta! Yep, told you so. Providencia has been hit and the Carribbean coast of Nicaragua-Honduras appears to be next. The governments there are taking this very seriously. I predict that there will still be loss of life due to the inexperience of the region and the isolation of the villages. If it brings heavy rain to the mountains the numbers could be in the hundreds. Remember Hurricane Mitch and the devastation it wrought. You may not hear of it of course. How many realize that Hurricane Stan killed more than 1,000 in Mexico and Guatemala last month? Much worse than Rita or Wilma when it came to loss of life.

SENSED YESTERDAY:

Pabst Blue Ribbon nestled among the blooming honeysuckle vines; green oak leaves; orange-red maple; candy wrappers; chalk sidewalk art; broken glass; hairclip; blue and grey moth with black, white and silver brocaded wings.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382465-Autumn-14-Ilm-October-29