*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408260-Calls-and-lack-of-calls
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#408260 added February 22, 2006 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
Calls and lack of calls
Winter: 15 Mulk (February 21)


TREASURE OF THE DAY

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#502235 by Not Available.


Red Writing Hood: There is a reason why this works. There is an immediate wrenching of the heart. That said, the use of lonely in 'lonely man' tells us something, gives us an emotion (more like a senryu, which is a-okay). 'man in rags' 'white-haired man' 'orange haired lad' etc. would show it and showing is better than telling.

2006-02-21
morning, 27 degrees. 24 in Fayetteville, AR.

The cold air got trapped south of here. It happens. Looking forward to a warming sunny day. 50+?

Brendan called last night, wondering why I hadn't called (I've been overwrought). So nice to know someone cares, even if I suspect his addictions play a part. I know his depression does. I know my depression does. *Frown* C'est dommage.

Sketched yesterday:

At the coffeehouse

Fan blades twirl, swirling the fragrance
of the roasted coffee bean
and calling me, lost in dreams
where you come through the door,
as sunny as before I shared
my brokenness. What are you here to fix?
The years of waiting, dreaming every night
that you will call, me dying when you don't.
Why won't you rant or yell?
In your calm I cannot tell the depths
of love, the indifference,
the withholding of your words.
It has occured to me that I am lost
in dreams. I wake and sip the essence
of the coffee bean and watch
the fan blades twirl. [162.762]

Hmmmm. This is a recurring theme. Why don't my family or friends call me? It's not like I'm overly busy or impossible to reach. It's true that some of them have hectic lives. But 10 minutes a couple times a year isn't asking much. Or is it?

At least cousin Kellie called. And Rita left a message. Some folks email, like Lee. I have to call my aunt every week or she will send the troops to find me *Bigsmile*. Gotta love Aunt Dot! But for over a year, so few calls. I bet that if I left my number, someone at WDC would call *Smile*. Funny how the ones who are closest can be so deaf. Not like I haven't asked. So hard to beg.

2006-02-21
afternoon, 47 degrees. 58 in Ojai, CA.

Nada says it's been cold in Ojai. I guess ... Only 49 in San Fran.

Almost 1,300 views of my blog. Which I find awesome. And what is that number 16 doing next to my name? I swear it was only 15 yesterday.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408260-Calls-and-lack-of-calls