*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408494-Thinking-of-igelkottar
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#408494 added February 23, 2006 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking of igelkottar
Winter: 16 Mulk (February 22)


TREASURE OF THE DAY

The stars were falling
And the mermaids were laden with light
Prayers flew from every corner of the sea
The pull of the tide brought them
I had hoped it would bring you to me

The glaciers glimmered gliding in the cold
Prayers contained in salty glass bottles
Prayers Rolled
Prayers Folded
Prayers Crumpled
Floating


from:

 Falling, Fallen, Fell  (E)
Lost love.
#1073075 by Tori Williams


I really liked this poem for the imperfect repetitons. There are great alliterations and the form is very good, the idea sound.

2006-02-22
afternon, 49 degrees. 42 in Fort Smith, AR.

The cold weather is trapped in the Ozarks under cloud cover! 5 hours north, it is pleasant and sunny.

Had a meeting this morning and I'm tied up this afternoon, so the blog entry will be short at best.

Am thinking of making two blog entries each day during Fast which begins March 2nd. Don't know that I will physically be able to fast in the prescribed way. The entries should help me with sorting things out. Some may be restricted because they'll be more personal.

Two haiku from yesterday:

Dancing along the ridge in silhouette
sunbeams split the clouds
[162.767a]

Torn red papers shaped as hearts
ice winds blow them south
[162.767b]

How much do we owe to our heritage? I'll cover that topic in a future blog. It came to mind when I saw a recipe for biff a là Lindström yesterday. One of the ingredients was beetroot. This reminded me of when I lived in Crete, Nebraska over 25 years ago. I wanted to experiment and made beef patties with peaches and with beets. The ones with beets actually turned out okay. What I didn't know ... was that there was a similar Swedish dish. Now I know!

Also:

The red water lilies of Tiveden? I once gave my uncle a red water lily for the pond. He was thrilled. In Sweden I just found out, they're the pride of the lakes of Tiveden in the south-west.

Plants on a window sill with no curtains? That's what I did more than once. Especially in an apartment I had in the late 80s. Didn't know that that was a Swedish thing either.

Just odd thoughts.

Found out that the red paint in Sweden is falu red, a ferrous sulphate mined in Falun. Now I know that too.

Sometimes I get a request for a poem. Brad's coffee for instance. It's thick and almost gritty. We were also talking about how the pain-we-know is somehow better than the pain we don't. So ~ a poem about pain management and Brad's coffee?

If AL reads this, I want to know more about igelkottar.
Ja.

02-23: BTW: If I leave this on "for my eyes only" you can't read it! And I keep begging for you-all to read this? Laughs on me!

Also, I'm now a 17 thanks to AL . She thinks I have "grace under pressure". How about grace without the pressure *Bigsmile*! Someday ...

I guess someone said they were referred by me? As TOR said the other day, must be. I've encouraged lots of folks to come and visit. Especially folks that want to write ... but good intentions do not always lead to actions. Took me months until I joined as BigJoe (out there in Nevadaland) had suggested. Guess I'm a bit slow too.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408494-Thinking-of-igelkottar