*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408894-Friends-off-to-Haifa
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#408894 added February 25, 2006 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Friends off to Haifa.
Winter: 18 Mulk (February 24)


2006-02-24
afternoon, 60s, sunny and windy.

Yahoo weather is having a bad day. The bank clock says 65 but I take that with a speck of dust. Very windy. Hold-on-your-hat windy.

Not feeling well. Sat in the café trying not to fall asleep this morning. Tried to do a sudoku. Read a bit of Cadfael. (Finished the 'Pilgrim of Hate' earlier this week) But didn't do much. I cut up some bookmarks for Cary and he gave me some chamomile tea.

I have plenty of things to do. Should try to bring out a small chapbook as a gift to friends next week. (God willing) Should send Gary the books I bought for his son when I was living in Oklahoma 2 years ago! He's getting to an age where he should have some books; although, 'Curious Gearge' would be better. Tomorrow eve starts the short, 4 day, season of gift giving and preparation for the Fast (March 2-20) that the Bahá'ís observe every year.

My friends in Bellefontaine, Ohio, Lee and Larry Olson, will be leaving for Haifa, Israel today/tomorrow. They should be in Tel Aviv by Sunday, which is Lee Ann's birthday. The BIG 70! They are on pilgrimage to the Bahá'í shrines in Bahji (outside of Akka) and Haifa.

Many people who see the Shrine of The Báb, gold domed, white against the terraces of green leading up from Ben Gurion Blvd. think that it is a temple. It is not. Both The Báb (executed in Tabriz, 1850) and 'Abdu'l-Bahá (1844-1921) are buried there. Mount Carmel, mountain of the Lord, hovers over the city of Haifa and also harbors the caves of Elijah.

This computer is giving me grief, or I would paste in some links. It can be found easily at Wikipedia or by just typing in <Shrine of the Bab>.

Nada was there! Told me so in her comments. Now this is the click for the two photos in question. But I warn you there's a beautiful woman in one of them!

"Invalid Item "Invalid Item

Most go and catch some sun. Feel like a nap.

Ciao.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408894-Friends-off-to-Haifa