*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410332
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410332 added March 3, 2006 at 4:45am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2

Chapter 2

That, thought Lorian, has got to have been the weirdest day of school ever. I mean, first period, history, an unidentified loud noise right before all the windows smash. Then second period, we’re in the sports hall playing Basketball, Matt goes to shoot just before I knock him over, and somehow the ball seems to dodge all the other players into the basket, even though Matt was facing the other way! Then we had IT with Mr. White; half the way through, all the computer monitors explode!

“Lorian, your friends are here.” Shouts Mum.
“Are you going into town?” She asks one of them.
“Yeah, we’re going to that new club, Echo Seventeen. Can’t wait.” Replies Matt. “Although we won’t get there if Lorian continues pampering himself for another hour like he did last time.” He shouts the last bit for my benefit.
“Yeah, whatever you say Matt.” I say walking past him out the door, “Bye, mum. I’ll be back by midnight.” I shout out after me.
“Yeah, see you Mrs. V.” I hear Matt say.
We walk down the path towards the gate, and can’t help but feel a little unnerved, though I don’t know why.
“Hey, Lorian.” said Alex.
“Hi.” I reply, simply. Still trying to get rid of the feeling of being watched.
“Shall we get going then?” I say wanting to start moving.
“Yeah, alright.” Replies Matt.

The Echo Seventeen Club was as expected, crowded with people outside.
“It’s lucky you’ve got some inside help on getting us in,” said Matt. “I don’t think I could stand standing in that queue. What idiot's.”
“You should go and join them, Matteo. You're already 90% idiot.” Shouted Alex.
We all laugh.
“Yeah and who’s the one who has to run into a janitor's closet every time Miss Laker comes around the corner.” The group roared with laughter.
“Okay guys come on calm down. Or Lisa will wet herself again.” I say, mischievously.
“I DID NOT WET MYSELF!” shouts Lisa over the clamor. “It just got wet.” She finished, half-heartedly.
“Okay c’mon this way.” I say walking around the building to a small side entrance.
“Lorian, how we gonna get in? It’s locked.” Asks Matt.
“With this very special key that I was given by our friend inside.” I reply holding up a very old, silver key.
I walk towards the door and put the key in the lock. As soon as the key connected with the door. Everything went pitch-black.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410332