*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417080-Big-Guy---
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #976801
Journal writings about my youngest son's journey with spina bifida
#417080 added April 3, 2006 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Big Guy . . .
First day of spring break! And, yes, it is raining and only in the low 40's and they're predicting snow for tonight. That being said, it was such a nice day. . .

Everyone woke up on their own. No trying to pry a little body out of a warm bed as they groan at me. No fits about me having picked out the "wrong" clothes for them. No "hurry, we're going to be late"'s. No buckling three car seats (and one who buckles her own). Ahhhhhh.

Just a lazy breakfast and then some cartoons. Ashley had a friend over and all five of the kids played downstairs all day. We made our own clay, cut shapes out of it, baked them, and then painted them and coated them with a healthy helping of glitter. Also, the floor, but that's easily vaccumed up. The girls and Nate played "tickets", which apparently means you have to buy tickets for almost any thing you may want to do. Jack wandered all around, took a few tickets, played with trucks, checked out the toy shelves. I smiled at him and asked him, "Are you playing with the big kids? Are you a big boy?" To which, he looked at me with a delighted grin and said, "Yeah!" and then moseyed off to check out something else.

Pure, uninterupted child's play. . . so sweet . . .

© Copyright 2006 momoffour (UN: momoffour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
momoffour has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/417080-Big-Guy---