*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421964-Jacks-Third-Surgery-Next-Week
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #976801
Journal writings about my youngest son's journey with spina bifida
#421964 added April 26, 2006 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Jack's Third Surgery Next Week
Jack goes in for his third surgery next Friday. They are removing the birthmark above his right ear. It has gotten darker and two small dark spots have appeared in it. He had his pre-op visit this morning. The nurse said the surgery will be outpatient and should take less than an hour. We had to visit the OR nurses and found out that we won't know the specific time of the surgery until the day before. The pathology report will be back two weeks after the surgery. The nurse assured us that it will be benign. Can she do that? All health professionals are usually so careful to say that "most" are benign or "the majority" are not malignant. (I hate even thinking that word.) I'm starting to get those little panic attacks again. Where I start thinking of all the things that can go wrong and every horror story I've ever read about hospital mistakes. . .
My Jack. He'll be okay.
God has great plans for him, remember? Good, now remind me!
His latest toddlerism is to yell, "Mommy! Mo - mmy!" for no particular reason. I'll say, "Yes, Jack?" and he'll grin at me.
I love it.

© Copyright 2006 momoffour (UN: momoffour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
momoffour has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/421964-Jacks-Third-Surgery-Next-Week