*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425217-Tan-Gjetost-and-the-Bluebells-of-France
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#425217 added May 11, 2006 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Tan, Gjetost and the Bluebells of France
SPRING: 14 Jamál (11 May)


*Reading* *Reading*           Tan           *Reading* *Reading*


Weather where I am this morning: 56º.

Weather in Sheboyan, Wisconsin: 45º

Weather in La Paz, Bolivia: 45º

Our sheephearder English friend in France

On this beautiful, albeit cool, Spring day, I ask you to join me in a trip France where the bluebells are in bloom. esperaza has a wonderful photo in this recent entry: "Bluebell Wood..

Other recent entries of note:
Market day in rural France: "Market day.
Ewes can die if they are on their back too long. This one survived: "Feeling better.
Blog with a photo of a hairy donkey!: "Big hairy donkeys.
Photo of a hairy mother and her foal: "Invalid Item

Graduation time

I'm looking forward to seeing my Bolivian friend Gastón Araoz. He'll be visiting to see his brother Juan graduate on the 21st.

The poem I wrote him last year could use some more reviews as I'd like to give him an updated edited copy.

"'tree of graduation' ASR: A prose poem letter to a friend comparing the passage of time to the life of a tree.

*Reading* Tan *Reading*

Tan is a brownish, tawny colour. The name is derived from tannum, or crushed oak bark, that is used in the process for tanning leather. The resulting process often produces a hide with a 'tan' hue. The name first originated around 1550 in English literature.

For a dose of html tan:

http://users.rcn.com/giant.interport/COLOR/TAN.html

Tan isn't one of my favorite colors, but it goes well with salmon or coral. I think of it as a neutral and would use it in a room where I wanted to accent other colors. To me it is a fairly restful, albeit bland, color.

But at least it's the color of gjetost (geitost)! Geitost is sooo sweet, I just treat it like caramel candy. I think it goes well with a crisp slice of apple or just eaten in very small thin slices. It cloys if eaten like mild swiss or cheddar. A nice picture and good description in English:

http://www.teddingtoncheese.co.uk/acatalog/de301.htm

And how to make your own!

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Gjetost/Gjetost.htm


Celia the performer

Had a chance to meet Celia last night at Aimée's. She's a riot from Wisconsin. She sings and performs. 'The Lonely Lion' is heartbreaking (there is only one lion in the Central Park Zoo in NYC). She tranforms herself into Libby-the-Librarian-stoked-on-caffeine and Gisle who plays her 'nose'. Just hysterical.

Not a big audience, but very appreciative. She's got a wicked sense of humor and does voices real well. I know lots of poets who could learn a thing or two from her! Just checked her calendar and she's at the Gypsy in Tulsa on Saturday! Now I have to e-mail all my Tulsa friends.

http://www.CeliaOnline.com

Must go. Have to print up 20 booklets for Tea at Three today. It's over for the semester. Each booklet has 28 pages ... must go! *Smile*

Aaah, got back! Booklets were printed and some given out. Cost about $28 for 20. I did the cover in red (a tomato red) and the 28 pages (7 sheets of paper) in ivory. Looked nice. I didn't staple because ... well, it costs and Kinko's isn't the easiest or cheapest place around. Had no time to go elsewhere.

I automatically number and sign (except for 2 I forgot to number). It's what I do.

IMAGES

Hollyhocks grow chest high; the morning daisy greets me. I notice the deep blue bloom of larkspur, stop to touch the lamb-ears.

Pigeons mate on the ledge of the radio tower. The yearling trees sprout leaves. Strewn daffodils lie plucked, discarded.

Jerry hoes the lettuce. New born sparrows watch from crabapple branches. (On the other side of fences, do bunnies wait?)

Red leafed, three leafed clover, the oxalis opens it yellow flowers. The chirping of the nestlings never ends.

This was written after I read the comment below from partyof5dj:

May in Montana

Bluebells
know I melt like
the Bitterroots in Spring:
white on top, sparse green below and
sappy. [163.108a]

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425217-Tan-Gjetost-and-the-Bluebells-of-France