*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431793-Fascism-ACT-Parliament-Pink
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#431793 added June 8, 2006 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Fascism. ACT Parliament. Pink.
3,935 views
          SPRING: 3 Nur (7 June)          


*Rolleyes*           Pink is not my color           *Rolleyes*


Weather where I am: 90º and warm *Bigsmile*.
Weather in Plainfield, Vermont (Goddard): 58º and wet.
Weather in Canberra, A.C.T., Australia: 35º this morning


The ACT parliament is enacting a law to allow same-sex marriages. This is very annoying to Howard, who must consider it a personal affront that the people of Canberra are willing to move into the 21st century when he is not.

Maybe Sydney should adopt a law that states that everyone should wear pink on Howard's birthday (from Hitler's pink triangles) to send a message? Perhaps not. It might annoy The Howard. Personally, I don't like pank, but I'd wear it ...

On the warmer side of the Pacific rift, there is Bush. It is not just the 'democratic liberal commies' that are upset at him over his posture on issues of Human Rights. His support of the recent 'We Hate Gays' amendment has earned him a bunch of raspberries within his own party *Pthb*.

To enshrine denial of human rights in the constitution is unconscionable. Perhaps the 3/5 rules applied to 'negroes' should be reconsidered for any group the government objects to. That way Basic Rights need only be extended to those who are fully human ...

Whether you agree or not that the USA (and perhaps Australia?) is showing signs of Fascism this is an interesting site:

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

It is heavily biased against G.W. so if you're a fan of The Bush, you may find it offensive.

Read, write, enter!

Okay, I know you've read this, "Why set goals at all? I'm no Shakespeare., but have you left a comment? I'm looking for 20 *Smile*! Scottie is the latest to comment.

Attention all bloggers! A contest for you from Nada: "Invalid Item Days are getting short. It goes to the 15th of June.

IMAGES

Orange trumpetvine on green covering a garage like Christmas ornaments.

White grain elevator; big black mulberries; the sound of the whistle at K.U.; the twist and jitter of the bus, the jerky stop.

Dostoevsky's son

The middle of space,
that center between the light of sky,
the dark of sea,

on a horizon
at the break of day or the set
of a mellow evening.

This is the hardness
that seeks the Russian winter, softens
in a Kansas spring.

The world of ideas and truths
opens petal by petal, reluctantly
greets the bee, once stung

retreats to the morning
dew, alive, emerges to remerge again
with the sacredness of day. [163.182]

World Cup?

My teams are Costa Rica and Paraguay.

The games begin on Friday the 9th.

Germany (19), Costa Rica (26), Ecuador (39), Poland (29): Fairly even, The Germans are not going to lose in front of their hometown fans. The Poles have much to settle though and they are a solid team. Costa Rica and Ecuador both have the problem that it is not on their side of the pond. Will the Germans or Poles become complacent (I doubt) or over emotional (quite possible)

I hate to predict: Germany 3 - Costa Rica 2; Poland 1 - Ecuador 1; CRC 3 - ECU 1; POL 2 - GER 2; Ger 2 - ECU 0; POL 1 - CRC 1. With Germany and Costa Rica advancing. But ... Poland could win it. I think Ecuador is as good as the others but finds itself in an awkward group.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431793-Fascism-ACT-Parliament-Pink