*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431472-Starting-interviews
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#431472 added June 8, 2006 at 6:46pm
Restrictions: None
Starting interviews.
3,886 views ... oh?
          SPRING: 2 Nur (6 June)          


*Delight*           Thanks for the comments!           *Delight*


Weather where I am: 88º and sweltering.
Weather in Fort Smith, Arkansas: 66º and raining.
Weather in Fort Smith, North West Territoties, Canada: 45º


200 miles north of my cousin we are over-heated, but no relief in sight. Not enough moisture or trough to give us storms. The hail last night went east. We saw the lightning but not a drop.

Fort Smith Canada is near the Alberta border, which means it is north of nowhere! It is supposedly dry, but not today. Can get hot in the summer; but, it's still spring up north. Technically, it is spring here too, but 88 isn't spring to me! Memorial Day was the unofficial start of summer here.

http://www.virtualfortsmith.com

I've started a place to keep my interviews and poetry and prose that comes out of them. Today, I interviewed Richard Hagerman. He writes good short stories, but aspires to write novels a là Fitzgerald or Dostoevsky.

Tell me ten things about you and I probably could write something about you too!

Like: favorite color and what does that mean; what was/is your favorite course/teacher in school and why; who were you when you were 10 years old and how does that relate to who you are now; where did you grow up and what was that like? Simple questions. Grounded in reality, my fantasy takes flight and like vapor from a a jet produces a poem/prose along the way *Smile*.

IMAGES

The smell of chestnut flowers (I dont like it); juniper leaves, yes; taste of rose petals? okay, but I prefer the smell; four hulahoops up in a mapletree, one orange one in the cedar; yellow columbine and orange asclepsias.


Sketched on Saturday:

Unsolicited call and response

My glases sit on top of my hat ...
is there a problem with that?

My attitude is algae, blue and green ...
'tain't the prettiest thang you've ever seen.

When my trip to see my friends is uneventful ...
are you empty or just plain thankful?

My todays and tonights are like my morrows ...
can you suck down all my sorrows?

My spirit's on a roller-coaster, down then up ...
can you swallow then upchuck?
[163.179]

If prompts (from the book by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell):

7. Describe yourself as a child in one word. What would it be?
8. Name a single song or album that you most associate with a particular period of your life. What song would you choose and from what year?
9. Describe true generosity by using an example you witnessed.


Oh ... and thanks for all the kind comments recently. The picture ... the poem ... *Smile*.

And I'm still looking for folks to visit this blog entry and leave comments (those few who haven't already *Smile*): "Why set goals at all? I'm no Shakespeare.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431472-Starting-interviews