*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434668-Slow-down-and-think
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#434668 added June 19, 2006 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Slow down and think
         I have not had much of a chance to update this blog, or write for that matter, as this past week has had my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) flared up. Having a cold seems to worsen the flare, I think.
         So, I have not been able to type, hold a pencil, or do any of the things I truly love. Well, except sew. I did a lot of ripping and sewing. It is the one hobby that I have learned how to do left handed. I feed the fabric under the needle with my left hand and guide the fabric using two fingers with my right hand, as my thumb was inflamed along with my wrist.
         One good thing came out of all this, I did get the chance to do a lot of thinking. Thinking, is writing. When you slow down and just think, you can come up with so many creative ideas. You can think about characters. How they would look, think, and act when placed in certain situations.
         You can think about plots for future books. That is what I did. I'm currently finishing up an adult Suspense/sci-fi and I'm wanting to work on a young adult, teen book.
         I find having an idea prepared before hand, keeps me focused and I'm not forced to sit in front of a blank page (or screen) with no idea what to write about. Considering the fact that I am the worlds biggest procrastinator, blank ideas and projects are not welcomed. I have to have a plan, or else, I will sit and sit, or just not accomplish anything at all.

My Hobbies' Home
Handmade by Martha
http://www.handmadebymartha.esmartdesign.com


© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434668-Slow-down-and-think