*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437102-c-cbvbvmnmn-Dreams-Possibilities-Short-Thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#437102 added June 30, 2006 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
c cbvbvmnmn. Dreams. Possibilities. Short Thoughts.
4,671 views

*Balloon1*           SUMMER: 6 Rahmat (29 June)          *Balloon1*


*Flower1* *Flower6* *Flower4* Think rain *Cry*!

Weather where I am: 79º and looking forward to 97º.
Weather where Brendan is in Pittsburgh: 68º this morning.
Weather in Kano, Nigeria: 104º this afternoon.

An odd title but that is what the keyboard was doing yesterday when I spilled coffee! Not pretty.

Read a lot of blogs today. Not the usual ones. I love my regulars, but it was time to go fishing to see what was out in the snags away from comforting shore.

Now I just put my foot in my mouth! Teresa thinks I should bring out the newsletter that has been defunct for a while. Ouch. Someone tell me to keep my mouth shut.

Actually, Tuesday night in front of the City Commission would have been a better time for this advice. The polite people of this town don't like impolite language or anger. So ... it was necessary to keep my blast toned down. Folks said I did okay. I forgot about the cameras ... so next time (did I say next time?) I'll be better prepared.

Possibilities

It is odd how one dreams
of someone and then they show up. I
dreamed of you and your daughter. But
it wasn't your daughter with whom I made love.
Dreams are dreams and in that dream we were trying
but too soon I woke up.

And life is a dream
where your daughter is still young
and your girlfriend one among many.
Yet todays touch tomorrows in dreams.
And time flows with questions and possibilities.
Perhaps in a dream that I've long since forgot
we made love. [163.211]

IMAGES

In a field of red flags, one blue and one green; the tower of Templin; child in a stroller, three wheels, under a blue canopy; purple rose of sharon; 2 other people on the bus (what is the color of poverty?); block retaining wall (sterile and bare); bare aand ugly landscape of apartments; 'Maine Street' from the driver; a man watering his ivy; laudramat; salon; gas station; red roses; Shamrock; bank sign, 81º and not yet 9 o'clock.

SHORT THOUGHTS:


A tube of humanity: running from somewhere to somewhere. Nowhere I'd want to be.

A victrola: the bindweed opens pink blossoms, bells trumpet the dawn.

I have different loves. The problem? I go from one to one.

Winter's globe: and the snow settles as I place my memories back upon the shelf or hidden in a drawer.

Pondering Julia Child: something hidden in a sausage; a dropped turkey lifted from the floor.

NIMBY (not in my back yard) = threatened by the diversity of poverty.

Except for the beard, well the beard, the balls and no breasts to speak of - well maybe the breasts would be enough ... in another world, you'd marry me. In this world I dream the death of never knowing you.

What changes slowly? What changes in a moment?

On the tenth day my cup was stolen, the cup of kindness I emptied into each night. I sleep now with no rest; awaken without my soul.

And yes, the temp topped out around 96º, dry heat and no respite in sight. The garden was well watered today ... well, most of it. Tomorrow must start the water on the peppers early.

And I had cheesecake and potato broccoli cheese soup today! Did you know I like cheese? Have even had cheese parties in the past.

Chance I will be able to resurrect "I have a dream" barbeque/picnic I did between 1988-2002. I would have it around August 28th (when my garden was in full bloom) to commemorate Martin Luther King's speech in Washington, DC in 1963.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437102-c-cbvbvmnmn-Dreams-Possibilities-Short-Thoughts