*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457969-Oprah-Emoticons-Oleander
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#457969 added September 28, 2006 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Oprah, Emoticons, Oleander.
Waves of depression. What are your favorite emoticons? I checked out blog comments), 'laugh' and 'bigsmile' won! Would you vote for Oprah if she ran for office? A poll for you. Do you eat fish and yoghurt? 'Oleander'

8,530 views

         L'aura del campo           

AUTUMN: 2 Mashiyyat (28 September)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣


Waves of depression

I have not been in deep contact with folks from my religious community here. They know I exist, and I've gone to events, but I am not asking for their help nor interference. It is sad, but I have made this choice and they seem happy to basically ignore me. Except for Ken (bless his heart) they make no effort to keep in touch. Sometimes the abandonment comes from the other side as well.

As for friends and family? Same difference. I make contact; they do not touch back ... There is no anger, no yelling, just nothing but indifference. I no longer matter.

Why do people walk away? Perhaps because no one is inviting them (who they are, not what others want them to be) to stay ...

This is the voice of depression. I know it is merely one way of looking at the world. It is no more true than the waves of joy some folks feel at the dawn (some of us feel the rays of a new day). Others feel the waves of sadness, like the sound of waves of despair lapping at our door.

Tomorrow is yet another day. May it shine its warmth on you.

████████████ Cold? Think how much colder it will get! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████████ Weather where I am: 55º, never warmed up.
████████████ Weather in Bolivar, New York: 47º and wet.
████████████ Weather in Zimbabwe: 57º in Harare at 2 a.m.

IMAGES

After vespers looking out the window at the Oread:

Light mirrored back on the museum walls. What is in shadow darkening to indistiction. Lined clouds that in their curves of loosely woven threads of grey and white show blue. Black birds in silhouette beyond the tree where the last sunlight of the day is caught in the highest branches where the leaves have already abandoned the season, bare twigs now showing their wooden teeth.

MY LIFE

Two days of barely being able to move.

After therapy on Wednesday, I collapsed on the couch for almost 4 hours. So worn out. Revived long enough para cortar tomates and chop up the damaged ones and freeze them for sauce or chili or whatever.

Janice was a dear and took us shopping. Bought more fish (and white cornmeal to fry it in), icecream and 20 yogurts (on sale), cheese, ice cream ...

Today barely got up from a nightmare (a regurgitation of old traumas) and with no energy laid down again and had dreary dreams of being abandoned in a bare room some winter in Montana. Not a good start to the day.

Almost didn't go to Tea. Saw Richard and Sarah, Douglas and Hub. Gave out my poetic sketches printed on neon green.

Went to the Oread to read. Had two coffees after having tea. Could barely stay awake.

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

Oleander

It gave forth white bouquets.
We admired its beauty,
ignored its poison.

In summer we gathered
by the evening's fragrance
on the patio:

Gardenia, moon flowers,
all in pots, burgmansia
and four o'clocks.

After the frost it shed
over the library's
red oak floor.

There, we were swept away
by the heat of poems
and coming winter.

Leaves sat quiet until Spring
holding back shame and blame,
these suspicions

that oozed from wounds to kill
the friendship between us.
Once upon a time

you bloomed forth promises.
I relished your support,
ignored your poison.
[163.376]

BLOGVILLE

Looking around: karabu who is an Orange by-the-way. wonderwood has a bunch of blog entries about agents and editing, Joy , morrow and my regulars.

What emoticons do you use?

After looking through blog comments left in the blogs of Nada , zwisis, partyof5dj, jspinelli and Barbs this is what I came up with:

37 *Bigsmile* Bigsmile
36 *Laugh* Laugh

22 *Smile* Smile

6 *Wink* Wink
5 *Rolleyes* Rolleyes
5 *Pthb* Pthb

3 *Frown*, *Shock*

2 *Heart*, *Smirk*, *Confused*

1 *Angry*, *Delight*, *Cry*, *Sick*, *Blush*, *Thumbsup*

An unscientific conclusion ... here at WDC we have our 'favorite' emoticons!

*Reading* READING *Reading*

"The Waves", Virginia Woolf.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

'lilla vän' ... AL may not like this expression, but I'd settle for 'vän min'.

Anyone remember the song "Closing Time?" As in 'You don't have to go home but you can't stay here'? It has an entirely different meaning when you have no home to go to.

Nightshade is pretty ... and poisonous. Relatives of the family Solanaceae: tomato, potato, eggplant.

POLL

Some people believe Oprah has what it takes to run for office. She has diavowed any interest, but would you vote for her?

A link: http://www.dreamagic.com/oprah/index.html

A poll:

Oprah is a very intelligent and personable television personality in the United States, is highly regarded globally, and is the CEO of her own company.

Although she has disavowed any interest in politics, there are those who think she has the qualifications for political office.

What is your opinion?

      Oprah would make a good president.
      Oprah would be a good vice-president.
      Oprah should run for the U.S. Senate or House.
      I love her, but think she should not become a politician.
      I totally believe she should never enter politics.
      I like Oprah but not her opinions.
      I do not like Oprah nor her opinions and would not vote for her.
      I would be horrified.
      I really don't care.


© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457969-Oprah-Emoticons-Oleander