*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461418-Surprisingly-disappointed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#461418 added October 13, 2006 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Surprisingly disappointed
One thing that attracted me to writing.com was the number of Christian members of all ages. The number of items dedicated to Jesus made me feel right at home, and encouraged me not to hide my faith.

I am disappointed, even a little shocked at what’s missing.

A young lady of 15, 9thgradepoet, is a new member of God’s Way Group. She expressed her anxiety at being a teen Christian, and is seeking help in strengthening her walk with God. Having been there myself, I understand her difficulties; heartbreakingly so. Being a teenager is hard enough, but a Christian at the same time many times made me feel as though I was all alone. It felt as though the entire world conspired to tear away my faith and my sanity.

Those difficulties being far behind me now, I searched WdC for groups and forums specifically catering to Christian Teens.

I found only one:
 UCN for YOUth  (E)
If you wanna know more about Jesus, this newsletter is for you
#900171 by Stallion
but it hasn’t seen any activity since July.

I honesty thought I would find more than that. If any age group of Christians need support, it’s teens. They have far more pressures to give in to turning away from God than we adults do.

However, knowing jessiegirl is very active in WdC and is also a teen Christian, I perused her portfolio for items 9thgradepoet would find useful. I found this little treasure:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1096569 by Not Available.


I pray 9thgradepoet finds everything she needs with the God’s Way Group, but it would be better if she could mingle with other Christians her age. I emailed jessiegirl asking if she’d be interested in becoming a member for that reason.

If anyone knows of items 9thgradepoet will gain strength from, or know of other teens who might be interested in the group, please let me know. Or if you are a member of the group, if you could respond to her post "Hi Everyone"   with encouraging words, I’m sure she’ll appreciate it. Thanks.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461418-Surprisingly-disappointed