*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468125-Path
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#468125 added November 11, 2006 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
Path
8 Qudrat 163 B.E. - November 11, 2006

If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. -- Frank A. Clark


I woke up this morning, looked out the window and it was dark. I got up, went into the living room and looked at the clock. The clock said 2:30. OK, the clock doesn’t actually talk, at least the clock in the living room. The clock in the dinning room does talk, when a cat steps on the on button and turns on the radio. It doesn’t say what time it is, but it does talk or sing depending on which station I’ve listened to last.

I don’t think I’ve turned the radio on once this year, so I don’t remember what station it’s on, but when a cat steps on the on button there is always a man talking. Since the only males in the house are cats, it gives me a slight fright when I hear an unexpected male voice on the radio.

Speaking of men, I did have a man over to the house a few nights ago. He is another Baha’i and we were telling each other stories, from memory, which we had read about Baha’u’llah. We’re both taking Book 6 of the Ruhi course on Sunday. Last week the tutor gave the entire class an assignment. We were to do one of the practices from Book 1. Anyway Bill came over to my house and we told each other a story we had read about Baha’u’llah. Bill told one about locus in the Garden of Ridvan and I told about how Baha’u’llah learned about the Bab.

So what does all this have to do with a path and obstacles. Well I’ve been worried about which story I was going to tell him. Tuesday, when I worked the election poles I started Call to Remembrance. I got as far in the book as chapter 5 and the story about Baha’u’llah learning about the Bab was in there.

My path seems to be full of obstacles lately, but just when I think it is blocked something happens. I say a prayer, I get an idea, I read something and the obstacle in my path is gone. Not that there aren’t plenty of obstacles ahead, but I’ll worry about them when I get to them. An answer will come or a book or quote will fall into my hands and the problem will be solved.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468125-Path