*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487460-Blessedness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#487460 added February 12, 2007 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
Blessedness
signature created by Jem


My husband David and I traveled to Spring Hill, Florida this week-end to visit old friends. They were hosting a Valentine's cocktail party to benefit the Humane Society in Brooksville, Florida. Entry to the party required a donation of dog/cat food or kitty litter...money was welcome, too! *Bigsmile*

They raised over 3500 lbs of food and litter, $75.00 in monetary donations, and an evening of food, fun, and fellowship for neighbors and friends! They even gave away a door prize (a flat screen T.V.)---those who donated their body weight in food were entered in the drawing. *Heart*

I met many of their neighbors and enjoyed wonderful conversations with people who opened their lives and hearts to me. Blessings indeed!

Before leaving for the week-end I had pulled from the SABIAN ORACLE instead of the Tarot.

Pulled VIRGO 22. I always associate the #22 with Mother Mary--I once read somewhere that 2:22 AM is a special time for Marian appearances. Often, when I wake at night and look at the time if it's close to 2:22 I say a silent "Hail Mary" . Virgo is the zodiacal sign of "the Virgin"--for me this card is clearly about Mother God--the symbol is a royal coat of arms enriched with precious stones .

My mother told me I was blessed, and I have always taken her word for it. Being born of--or reincarneted from--royalty is nothing like being blessed. Royalty is inherited from another human being; blessedness comes from God.
Duke Ellington



The symbol speaks of "a long lineage standing behind". Once, during a meditation, I had a vision of my mother, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, all encircled above me creating an endless spiral back to the beginning...I felt empowered by that image.

I'm trying to carry this image and feeling of blessedness forward into the world...as a blessed child of Mother/Father God.

And speaking of blessed women: WHOO_HOO for the Dixie Chicks!

More blessings: Got an e-mail that my poem "DEvolving Theology was a finalist in the Artella Poetic Idol Contest. http://www.artellawordsandart.com/
May you experience blessedness today!








© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487460-Blessedness