*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488637-without-color-everything-is-silent
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#488637 added February 17, 2007 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
without color everything is silent....
tired brain signature


I have been off the computer for several days...had 4 teeth extracted on Valentine's Day and feeling pretty crappy! I need more dental work done and not looking forward to the pain and expense. I'm actually wondering if they shouldn't just pull them all and give me dentures?---boy---does that make me feel old...

I'm debating whether or not to sign on for the 500 words a day forum.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1214603 by Not Available.
It begins March 1st. I've been feeling lodgy and uninspired with my writing and thought this might help to get me unstuck. Not sure if I'm disciplined enough to do 500 words a day. It's also not to be like a blog with the petty rantings and ramblings of everyday life. Will have to mull this over some more.

This morning I pulled from the Children's Tarot deck again. The 9 of Pentacles---bright, happy-faced, smiling coins...and the interpretation ...without color everything is silent.

I wonder how true that is?...and in our perception can there even be an absence of color?....if you watch a black-and-white film you will still notice subtle gradations of shade and tone. When I recall the world covered in snow...there is a sense of muffled quiet...but there is still color, though muted.

Could there be sight and perception without color...what would a world like that be? Even people with color blindness only have difficulty with certain colors.

Do you dream in color?



http://abgoodwin.com/mandala/mandala-of-the-week.shtml






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488637-without-color-everything-is-silent