*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494601-Blue-Notes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#494601 added March 12, 2007 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
Blue Notes


a celtic knot-work image

Having a blue Monday---though the weather here is glorious, sunny, warm, and not too humid. I suppose I'm just tired of my job, and tired of working, in general. A friend asked what I wanted to do instead and I truthfully answered, "NOTHING". That of course is not entirely true. If it were financially feasible I would spend my days reading and writing, perhaps have a small Reiki practice, visit the beach, spend time with the grandkids. Of course, that's what I do when I have free time, but I want more of it, all the time!

Of course I'm being petulant and selfish, I have a work schedule (for now) that most nurses would kill for, but that's the point of a Blue Monday isn't it? I suppose I resent the sweetness and freedom of the week-end passing by so quickly.

I pulled the Five of Staffs from the Tarot of the Saints. It portrays a human hand with the stigmata and a background of 5 bishop's staffs. This card is related to the five fingers and the "soul of the world through our hand". The stigmata signifies spirit working through our hands---and the card represents creativity and the ability to make our passions a reality through our hands.

I need to remember that though my job is far from perfect I can still carry the spirit of healing in my hands every day with each patient and fellow employee. And, I can still focus with creative intent on manifesting what I really want from a job---that's been the issue all along.

As for the blues---it's all about blue notes and flattened fifths---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_note






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494601-Blue-Notes