*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496049-and-the-thunder-rolls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#496049 added March 18, 2007 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
and the thunder rolls....

signature made by Jem


If you read my blog you are well aware that I enjoy the inspiration and advice that come from tools like Tarot and angel cards. Today, I'm using the I Ching----and pulled hexagram 16 in response to a query whether I should pursue an ad for employment I saw in the paper today. The ad is for a full-time massage therapist in a retirement community.


Now, at the end of las week I wrote as an intention to the universe, I want a job as a Hospice or geriatric massage therapist.......and I included more specific details. I have not been doing massage full-time for years, but this is the direction I feel myself being pulled toward.

Hexagram 16---with line 3 moving is about relieving inertia in a situation and about getting stale----which is what I have been feeling lately----the advice is to get off your butt, play some music, have an adventure.....so I'll take a leap and send out my resume!

Even if this doesn't lead to a new position---the universe is telling me to shake the dust from my shoes, and from my booty, and get moving!

Went to an outdoor jazz concert last night...a cold one in Florida....but we dressed warmly, and danced to keep warm. From my I Ching Made Easy book---Singing and dancing bring us into harmony with each other and the cosmos, raising our spirits and energy. Children seem to know this instinctively---but we grow a little stiff and uptight as we get older----time to shake it all loose!

One of the performers, Steve Oliver, did a final song entitled "Radiant Dreams"---it's been quite a long time since I've followed my radiant dreams---and his music took me back to childhood and wanting to find that spark again.

No cloud in the sky
jazz soaring to the heavens
on this side of blue

my radiant dreams
lost, long ago in childhood
rise from the dust





© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496049-and-the-thunder-rolls