*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497458-Request-for-prayer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#497458 added March 25, 2007 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
Request for prayer....

ridinghood is croning!

My husband and I came home this evening from a friend's birthday celebration to a telephone message that my son and daughter-in-law's home had been destroyed by fire.

I don't always keep my cell phone on so it was several hours till they were able to contact us. Fortunately my son, his wife, and the four grandkids were not at home----they have been staying with my ex-husband because 2 weeks ago the house was flooded and they were waiting repairs. Apparently my daughter-in-law's sister returned to the house and started a grease fire that went out of control.

My son tells me the interior of the house and the contents are a total loss. I am beyond shock and devastation---still thankful that everyone is safe.


So---I am here asking for prayers if you come by my blog----and just needing a place to vent my feelings. I know my daughter-in-law is mourning the loss of family pictures and the other sentimental treasures. And yes, it is all stuff---but I am heartsick and not sure where to begin to offer help to them. They do have insurance coverage---so I suppose it will be just one day at a time till they can be back on their feet-----all I can do at this moment is pray, ask for strength, and request prayer for my family.






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497458-Request-for-prayer