*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497557-what-if-simplicity-is-all-you-need
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#497557 added March 25, 2007 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
what if simplicity is all you need?

signature created by Jem



I swiped those opening lines from an Eileen Fisher ad. After yesterday's devastating fire I've been practicing gratitude that no one was hurt----and wondering about my need for "stuff".

I know the idea of practicing voluntary simplicity and paring down has been around forever---but I somehow still have roomfuls and closets of "stuff"---that don't and will never measureably increase my joy or happiness.

A recent author wrote about living an entire year without buying anything that wasn't necessary.

How much of our time and energy go to acquiring and keeping things we don't need?

Certainly, this is not a new thought----but has been forcefully brought home to me, now.

This has not affected my son and his wife in the same way----they need to rebuild their home and lives---and have four children from 6 years to 3 months. The shell of their house is intact, but the interior and contents have been damaged or destroyed.

For me, however, at a different point in my life, it becomes more amd more relevant.

What if simplicity is all you need? And how ironic that the thought is being used to promote a line of high-end women's clothing...are any of us immune to the siren spell of advertising?


All of your thoughts and prayers are humbly acknowledged and appreciated.






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497557-what-if-simplicity-is-all-you-need