*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503611-Change-of-the-Guard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Foreign · #1096405
My thoughts on what's going on
#503611 added April 23, 2007 at 6:19am
Restrictions: None
Change of the Guard
With the Federal Election in Australia moving along with the media now reporting every day we see that the opposition leader Kevin Rudd, former diplomat and member of Parliament is leading the Prime Minister as preferred PM by a large margin in the Poles. Vitriol spews from Alexander Downers mouth at Mr Rudd without his Lordship Downer knowing how ironinc he sounds.

And all of this and more is mirroring what is happening in the US Presidential election with one lame duck President and an opposition lead Congress it is proving interesting to say the least.

Downer's spray at 'vain'foe by Dan Box indicates the Government (Downer is Foreign Minister) hasn't got a clue, least of all Alexander Downer himself who, from years of observation, apears to be the vainest of all MP's. Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle Black.Still, we have sometime to go until an election Has to be called. Unlike the US we follow the UK of course and Parliament decides via the PM and the Governor in Council. The PM himself can't call an electon. Which is a good check on power I think.

We wil see how things develop, but I expect silly things from the Politicians and we haven't been disappointed. Last week Kevin Rudd got involved in the Seven network making a false dawn service for ANZAC day. That at the time when John Howard MP PM has ramped up Patriotism to an irrational level just like the US.

© Copyright 2007 Amunhotep (UN: amunhotep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amunhotep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503611-Change-of-the-Guard