*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509861-Part-2-In-the-Season-of-Mountains-weeping-Graduation-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#509861 added May 20, 2007 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
Part 2, In the Season of Mountains-weeping. Graduation Day
** Image ID #1150222 Unavailable **

In the Season of the Mountains-weeping

         Year 345, the Season of the Dust-rising, High Moons

Yes, dearest brother, we got word of it from a parrot-moth, but thought maybe she was confused from sipping too many nhala-flowers at the end of this horrible Season of Dust. I do not know what to say. In a couple days we will all be out looking. The Stone-eagles have always held to the covenant that binds them to the Moons. We will check with the Cave-otters and Mental-worms when the dusts abates and they come out. Perhaps they will know his whereabouts.

Around here everyone always talks about how careless our youth are, how we as parents most be more vigilant, but we both know Mmebe's courage wasn't mere folly. He was always careful to take his camouflage. We will be looking for that too. They say he climbed up a Kepapi tree, not good news, I know, but there is no way to soften these blows. Perhaps he was trying to prove to his friends how fearless he was. So close to being 4 years old and on his own. I know how much you grieve.

I must finish without saying how much we all truly care. May this letter I attach to the Messenger-tree find you in good health and in peace.


© Kåre Enga [164.80] 07-05-20

A response to yesterday's epistle (in my blog), moving the story along an inch or two. I'm thinking of a series of letters that reveal how people think and feel. Some kind of idea is lurking in the recesses of my brain. *Smirk*
         
My life

Gaston is in town! Of course, he came for his brother's graduation ceremony. Juan Araoz received his MBA with honors, so the family is quite proud. His mother and younger brother, Fabiano, came from Bolivia to celebrate.

I went up to the hill after washing and drying clothes (I somehow forgot ...). I stayed up on the hill this year as I felt hot. It was only 80 degrees, but I didn't want to go through the hours that the ceremony takes. Saw some folks, took some pictures, sat in the shade.

A picture from a previous Spring:

K.U. Campanile

Finished A body in the Fjord. It includes lots of references to foods and has recipes in the back. I am so tempted to go to the store and make up open-faced sandwiches for a koldtbord. Gaston's mother's family is Swedish.

My next murder mystery read takes me back to Texas.

IMAGES

Last night: Venus and the crescent moon in conjunction; swallows and nighthawks in the gloaming; 2 friendly pitbulls; 2 huge new oak leaves, sticky on top and soft underneath; streetlamps and neon signs.

Graduation: birds swooping, bells ringing, black 'ants' coming down the hill; police; alma mater and Rock-Chalk cheer; "Home on the Range"; puffy clouds; the chancellor's 'platform' bringing up the rear.

On the way back: traffic; yellow clover, white clover; sweet honeysuckle vine; juniper berries; butterfly; lemon-yellow yarrow; red columbine; fragrant privet; the last two iris?

Said hello to davidwalters1 and Brandon M. I have a lot of blog-reading to do this evening. Not sure I'll get to it all I'm exhausted.
19,936 views 05-20; 64 more to go!

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509861-Part-2-In-the-Season-of-Mountains-weeping-Graduation-Day