*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511864-Back
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#511864 added May 30, 2007 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Back
14 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – Wednesday, May 30, 2007 between 4:30 am and 7:30 am PDT

I’ve been sleeping on the love seat since Mom came home. It’s too short for me and my knee, specifically my right knee, gives me problems. Last night I decided that the couch may be better, since it is bigger and I can stretch out on it. I was wrong! The couch is too soft and my back hurts when I sleep on it, so it’s back to the love seat tonight.

I’m a bit depressed this morning. I can’t seem to see the light for the darkness. I don’t know if I’m depressed because of sleeping on the couch and my back hurting or because my upgrade is about up and the money to renew it isn’t here yet or what. Actually I could be depressed because I could have a job working the polls next Tuesday if I had someone to sit with Mom. There are many things in my life that I could be depressed about right now. This is getting to be a very negative entry. It could be that I’ve … I’m getting even more depressed composing this entry. So I think I’ll stop now, go say some prayers and make some coffee.

*Snow1**Snow2**Snow3*


I’m in a better mood now. I said my prayer, took my meds (I didn’t take the meds yesterday) and eat breakfast (a donut and coffee). I was going to delete the one of the above paragraphs, but decided against it. One of my writing bad habits is deleting before the final draft. This is a blog entry so, I consider it a first draft.

I’ve decided against sleeping on the love seat tonight. I’m going to make my bed and sleep in it for a change. Mom has a crystal bell that she can ring if she needs me during the night. I think both my back and my knee would feel better if I slept on a real mattress and not a couch or love seat. It’s interesting that my back only started bothering me when I slept on the couch. For the past month, I’ve been moving Mom from bed to wheel chair or from bed to potty chair without any problems with my back.

*Balloon1**Balloon2**Balloon3*


Beloved


Beauty of the creator
reflected in the perfect mirror;
divine attributes expressed
through the word made flesh.

I was going to title this entry Beloved, but that was as far as I go with the poem last night. Then when I woke up this morning (I went to bed very early yesterday), I couldn’t seem to get any farther, with my back hurting and everything. I’m still not sure where the poem is going. I’m sure it’s not finished yet. My back feels a lot better now, it doesn’t hurt at all at the moment.

*Flower1**Flower2**Flower3*


My mother is doing better. She’s using her walker a little. It’s easier to move her from her bed to the wheel chair or whatever using the walker. Yesterday, we went out in the car. Mom had to go to Catholic Charities to recertify on the senior program. So we left the house around 8:00 am, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a bottle of meds. The pharmacy wasn’t opened and it’s supposed to open at 8:00 am. We went to Catholic Charities, she recertified, we got her food allotment. It was about 9:00 when we went back to the pharmacy, which still wasn’t opened. Therefore, I went to the water company to pay the bill. It was about 9:30 when we got back to the pharmacy, which was now open and we got her meds.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511864-Back