*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519729-When-the-rains-finally-come
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#519729 added July 7, 2007 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
When the rains finally come
When the rains finally come

The green overloads the mind,
the pumping pulmonary veins,
and Denver days once doomed to dust
burst forth in puddled froth. The Platte
gurgles on its way to flat Nebraska.
Skyscrapers lift their sand soaked toes,
their tips lost in fog grey clouds.
Dust now turns to mud and mud to blooms,
and green and green and green.

© Kåre Enga [164.130] 07-07-03

IMAGES:

5 flavors: banana pudding; watermelon sherbet; green apple sherbet; sweet cream; lemon custard pie.

Along the ditch: grey homes of worms dangling from black willow; grapevine; 7' cattail, its fruit browning thin sausages; pine cones; monarch butterfly; lavender loose-strife; the grey shaggy beards of last year's cattails; glossy green mulberry leaves.

OVERHEARD:

M re Lady Di-Di Die's decision to move the office shredding machine from next to the copier to the kitchen:

"Maybe she thought we could shred lettuce."

PEN-NAMES FOR WRITERS:

Choose a city (Paris) and a hotel chain (Hilton): Roma Mariott, London's Super 8 and Buffalo's Ramada are already taken *Bigsmile*. We were playing around with this idea last night and today ...

THOUGHTS:

I have money to spend! I bought: 8 flats of flowers and vegetables for a late garden; poetry books by author's whose last name begins with K; three types of incense. Now I must not spend anything tomorrow. I have lots of plants to plant, books to read, birds to watch and incense to inhale tranquil dreams ...

So this is what the world of those who have money experience?

Perhaps. But too many are too poor to even delight in these things. Still I am grateful to have risen to the realms of the poor. I will linger in my garden and savor the days.

Yesterday was the 100th birthday of Frida Kahlo (1907-1954). I bought a post card of her today. Who in your life will you remember on their 100th? Who is likely to remember you?
21,814

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519729-When-the-rains-finally-come