*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523279-Day-10
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#523279 added July 23, 2007 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Day 10
Today was the 10th day of the poetry challenge---half-way and I'm hanging in there.

Though these poems are not as polished as I'd like, simply no time, I am coming up with ideas, imagery and phrases that would never have occurred if not for the daily writing.


Key West this week-end hosted the annual Ernest Hemmingway look-alike contest---my poem, marking his tragic death by suicide was a matter of coincidence---or perhaps divine synchronicity....."July 2, 1961

Like Hemingway, my mother was treated with ECT, or shock therapy---it also left her numb and missing memories.


Today's entry: "Sliding

I find it difficult to write a poem purely for imagery---I admire writers that can capture vivid portraits with words. But I have a belief, or perhaps an instinct that a poem should do more than merely describe, there should be a story beneath the obvious one in a poem, and perhaps another richer layer of meaning below that. Oh well---I'm not certain anyone has ever arrived at a definitive explanation of poetry.

I received an e-mail today, one of my poems is being featured on a website---

http://www.writersalliance.net "INCANTATION


And in the midst of all this and real life, too, I'm trying to read the last installment of Harry Potter.

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523279-Day-10