*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526500-August---the-month-that-bites
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#526500 added August 7, 2007 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
August - the month that bites.
August

The itch.
The scratch. The welts.
Ooze mixes with the sweat.
Sweet-sour reminder from a month
that bites.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.162b] 2007 August 5

Dissertation

Press, bind,
make acid free.
With no ink, write with blood
fresh fossils of the little lies
we weave.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.162a]

THOUGHTS:

I have trouble sleeping at night when the temp barely dips below 80. At what temps do brains fry? 98º yesterday.

Finished Death at Epsom Downs by Robin Paige. Will start another book later. Got out cds with the voices of American Poets from Whitman (on wax from 1890) to contemporary poets like Dove and Harjo. It has Sylvia Plath reading "Daddy". I'm slowly reading the Poet's Market (got up to the Bs).

My sister called! She thinks she's a Hufflepuff (like me?). We both enjoyed Harry Potter.

Sometimes the very small accomplishments need to be celebrated. Last night I remembered to take my hypertension pill. I celebrated by downing it with death-by-chocolate bundt cake. Life can be good.

IMAGES:

Under the willows by HCA: sere grass and miniture hay stacks; pale parched soil cracked like canyons; 5 feet away, a hole in the ditch where the water puddles; on the horizon, swatches of green, the Farmer's Coop elevators scraping a dust-blue sky.

This is what I've been trying to blog at Blogspot: http://engapoet.blogspot.com Hopefully it is now open to comments from everybody ... I'll be overlapping with this blog somewhat (the other will be more focused for family). I'll put the IMAGES in both, but my poetry will highlight each entry here and I'll be starting up my Blogville entries here again soon.
22,638

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526500-August---the-month-that-bites