*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526725-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#526725 added August 8, 2007 at 5:53pm
Restrictions: None
Cycles. 99º
Cycles

Sun blazes,
takes a sip of water,
leaves the salt.
Wind gathers what Sun drips aloft
blows gently to the mountain,
where clouds grasp the drops,
argue in a thunder.
Dark bursts forth,
falling, falling,
dancing on the waiting drum
that thirsts from blazing sun.
Droplets form scant rivulets of muddy tears
while far off River flows forever
to its source.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.164] 2007 August 7

IMAGES:

At Indy Inc.: clouds, clouds and the cotton of clouds, no drops to drink; no breeze inside where the a/c can't be felt; semi-soft vegetables caught in my teeth; sweet 'smoky' coffee; beep of the phone and voices from the front desk; an annoying buzzzzz.

THOUGHTS:

Thinking of a Simon and Garfunkle song: a lawn once green has now gone to dust.

After looking after the requirements of a magazine for North West poems, I was thinking of writing a poem about Sentinel Mt. that hovers over Missoula. Got part of it written. When I go there I can finish it, edit it or write something based on the real experience ...

Not bad in Missoula today. Monroe, Washington is cool. Too bad I didn't choose this week to visit there. 99º here with a heat index of 111. Glad I watered the garden this morning.

Loved this quote from the cartoon Shoe: "slain while wearing a life preserver"

Ruth showed me her pictures of autumn in Wisconsin and told me it was "colder than a well digger's ..." leaving the blank for me to fill in.
22,666

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526725-