*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526980-Exiled-Perusing-Blogville
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#526980 added August 9, 2007 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
Exiled. Perusing Blogville.
Exiled

We landed.
One giant step for us.
Scant applause from humankind.
We stood.
Awed by the dust and the big blue marble
hung in the arch of sky,
we did not ask:
why we were here,
why it had come to this.
Exiled beyond all hope, our bliss:
to be as one.
We could see home, point to the spot,
till they moved us to the cold side of hell.
We wept for a spell
as hate congealed,
then thawed
as love revealed
itself in the beat of our hearts,
saw dawn with fresh eyes on each dying face:
this meditation of moonscape,
this skyscape of starlight,
eternity in our embrace.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.163.Z] 2007 August 6

IMAGES:

From Haskell Square:

A flock of sparrows in the blue spruce trees startled into flight by my approach.

Long shadows of sunset across the bright new woodchips, the old chips grey as a winter's day.

Tan and grey bark of cedar: stringy, peeling off like long split hairs.

The sunset orange of the buildings around the plaza of Haskell Square.

The dispatch voice of the fire station.

The seat of the swing cupping my butt, pinching my cheeks.

The neighbor's banana trees.

A bright golden butterfly.

Flat grey of clouds, like cut out metal, serrated with orange-gold.

BLOGVILLE:

I told *Barbara Maria* that I like being alone until I'm alone ... and that the nights here are sticky.

Grifter mentions the greasiness of a White Castle slider. Hmmm. What could that be? In a stroll down Memory Lane he mentions *the kiss*. Every nerd can be jealous now ...

From Mark I learn that horripilation is the technical term for goosebumps. I have difficulty listening to the song he quotes: "Ground Control to Major Tom". "Invalid Entry is worth a read.

Vibha speaks of kindness: the dog with a hurt ear; the dead dog in the highway; her husband Nimat allowing someone to cut across traffic. Small daily things. India seems as close as the highways and alleyways of Kansas.

alfred booth, wanbli ska is writing haibuns! Like the one in his entry "Invalid Entry. He laments about the cold rain of France (59º) while his town of Saint Louis is 100º+? And how does one refer to one's partner to others?
22,692

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/526980-Exiled-Perusing-Blogville