*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528805-Two-homeless-poems-Shared-Quilt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#528805 added August 17, 2007 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Two homeless poems: Shared, Quilt
Shared

Under the muddy blankets
two men huddle and share
a bottle, a kiss, some cuddling,
who would object, who'd dare
to bother those beneath notice,
homeless, beyond human care?

© Kåre Enga [164.175a] 2007-08-16

Quilt

The old quilt lays smattered with feces,
dried snot,
coughed flem
and cold cum.
But beneath beats the heart of a hero,
some stranger,
her daughter,
your son.

© Kåre Enga [164.175b] 2007-08-16

I wrote these after reading the short images of the Korean writer, Ko Un, whose poems speak about connectivenes. By-the-way, both poems are based on the reality of the streets in Kansas. The homeless wrap themselves up to protect themselves from the weather as best they can ... summer or winter. The flophouses have been filled to overflowing this summer. Come winter? In any case, the streets know no pity.

IMAGES

The din of drops from grey heavens on the roof of the cross-over walk. The dripline a wet river dividing the ground that lies puddled from the cracks of dying scorched earth.

And the trees turning grey and the buildings shrouded in mist and the clouds rumbling, bound for the East.

Moist bath of hot summer steam. Is this the warning that lobsters, crayfish and frogs ... do not heed?

Writing.com

I have received over 1,375 reviews of my items so I shouldn't fuss, should I? My poem "Speak soft my name has 484 views, almost 500! But ... I have 5 polls over 1,000 views each. Doesn't seem quite fair ...

And ... someone leaves the site and poof! there go the ratings and the stats when an item falls below 10 ratings. Very frustrating. However, I was updating some poems yesterday and all of a sudden they are getting viewed again. Doesn't seem fair ...

BLOGVILLE

Time for pictures of a pool party in Toronto. Go visit pencilsoverpens and her entry "Invalid Entry.

sultry speaks about passion in her latest entry ... that's when she isn't taking a shower by stanpipe! What's a stanpipe? Go to "Invalid Entry and feel her pain.

Well Nada is a year older *Heart* and although she just wrote about the ashes to ashes scenario that is being played out in the So Cal fires, she is quite alive! Go to her entry from August 10th "Invalid Entry and leave a comment if you haven't already. When I checked there were already 111. Yep. Over one hundred!!!

Ahem ... and then there is zwisis's entry on the sex life of tortoises being played out in her back yard ... "Invalid Entry. Nuff said!
22,893

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/528805-Two-homeless-poems-Shared-Quilt