*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529068-Lament-of-the-first-born
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#529068 added August 18, 2007 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
Lament of the first born
Lament of the first born

Bug, bug, bug.
My brother always bugs me.
Squish, squish, squish.
My father will not let me.

© Kåre Enga [164.180d] 2007-08-18

So Gary's son turns 5 on Monday. That means I've been looking at little things through a child's eye. Wrote a bunch of 4 line poems. So ... I sent him a card today with frogs on it and put two scarlet macaw feather inside (one yellow, tipped in green, the other blue).

Been reading X. J. and Dorothy Kennedy's book Knock at a Star (a child's introduction to poetry). Good poems and makes me want to write more short poems and poems for children.

IMAGES:

Bugs ... the dipsy-doodle flight of bright yellow goldfinches; moths; a sleeping possum; Edgar Allen Crow *Rolleyes* saying in a human voice, "caw, caw, caw".

It's not quite as hot but plenty muggy and it rained lightly this evening already. I'm at Aimee's listening to the Petroglyphs. Kevin Rabas, part of the duo, is a poet: http://www.kevinrabas.com

Blogville:

susanL speaks about respect for teachers and the cruelty of 8th grade.
Rainbowapple writes about her booming big toe ... and her trip through Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska and back through Utah and Nevada. It was much hotter than where she lives ... 30-40 degrees hotter!
chalaedra speaks of having a couple teeth pulled. I wonder about the rain in Texas and whether Dean will wash her town away ...
Stiggles is back! And Pete is due back from Iraq on Sunday and the world will become sane again. Go and visit. I'm sure she'd appreciate hearing from everyone and being back in the swing of things.
22,944

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529068-Lament-of-the-first-born