*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530241-When-I-was-your-age-Remember-January-2006
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#530241 added August 23, 2007 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
When I was your age. Remember January 2006?
When I was your age

I was the garland
twirling 'round and 'round,
decorating the cut pine tree.
Now, I'm dizzy, dazed, eyes glazed,
and you are the garland,
face ablaze,
and I am the old pine tree.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.202a] 2007-08-23

Tired ... hot ... waiting for the break that is promised tomorrow.

You-all will just have to go to my other blogs ... for the rest of the story:

Here at WDC: "Hoarfrosts from Hell [GC] note rating! The latest entry is definitely non-pc.
Blogspot: http://engapoet.blogspot.com/

I've been copying and pasting old blog entries into another file and then deleting entry-by-entry. I'm just maxed out. Last entry brought me to 2,048.00 k on the dot (THE ULTIMATE MAX).

But, this is a humorous (?) part of an entry from January 12, 2006:

Recent thoughts and ideas:

Lemming/Lemley. My friend Diane mentioned lemmings and although I love my friend to pieces (sometimes small chewy ones) the concept of people going off cliffs just because everyone else is headed that direction is a strong image. I would hate to lose my friend that way or in any other way.

Bleeding like the Virgin Mary. My sister Diane had a hammock come down on her as a child. A small piece of metal punched a hole in her head. Luckily our neighbor Deanna Lentz was visiting and they took her immediately to the doctor. Any head injury is bloody. She was squirting everywhere, 'bleeding like a statue of the Virgin Mary'.

Binky II and Brian-the-blowfish. Jeanne brought her fish Binky in last night. Brian was making cracks about me being a blowfish. I write. I know how to get back! (Jeanne New Moon is now deceased.)

Underneath this rock: four catclaws unsheathed and ready. In reference to a project of selling painted rocks for gardens. Someone suggested poems. I thought witty sayings. And who hasn't buried a pet at some time or another! Another politically incorrect witicism: 'This stone is lovingly placed to keep Rover from wandering off'.

Oddities:

Ring Ring - Robert - run run
Fan of fundys ~ evo biologist
It's not the drinking; it's the drunkenness.
It's not the smoking pot; it's the smoking crack.
It's not 'I've been in jail'; it's 'I'm going back'.
The patch of sunlight crawled away from where we let sleeping dogs lie.
It's okay to write 100 sonnets. It's okay to NOT write 101.
Pigeons on a line, being picked off one by one.
Miners alive for 10 hours (whose going to write that song?)
And everyday's the last day.
Each moment is a kiss that I let go.

Hmmm ... I need to peruse the old entries for ideas!
23,158

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530241-When-I-was-your-age-Remember-January-2006