*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532363-Chestnuts-remember-The-Hulk
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#532363 added September 2, 2007 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Chestnuts (remember The Hulk?)
Chestnuts

The Hulk:
big, bad and mean.
And there along the path,
two balls hanging: big spines, meaty,
bright green.

© Kåre Enga [164.219] 2007-09-02

Sometimes you just gotta *Laugh* ... next time you see chestnuts on a tree ... *Rolleyes* ... if you don't have any in your area, walnuts will do! You'll never look at them quite the same way, will you?

The saga of "I, Katrina continues. I've gotten 23 of the 50 new reviews I'm gunning for and it is approaching the 250 view mark, which to me is equally important. The new ratings are averaging a bit more than before (the ratings are hidden), but along the same lines. I realized a long time ago, that taste in poetry resides in the individual. And I never thought this was my best poem ... although, it is fun to read out loud! *Laugh*

I love reading "'bargain basement bin' out loud. I just did a very light edit, and upped the gps to 1001! Now I'll see if that works with this older item that only had 4 ratings (one an anonymous 'piss-on-you') and 67 views. It's a prose poem. I'm more interested whether folks like it than an argument over form. There is no prose-poem or vignette designation here at WDC any more than there is a drabble or flash-fiction notation.

Football

Speaking of balls, or at least ball games ... will Applachian state get some deserved votes in the National polls? I guess the AP won't allow it ... *Frown*. After beating Michigan, they proved they can play with the best and deserve any recognition they get.

I went to Kansas' 52-7 win over Central Michigan. Not an exciting game. Amused myself by playing with a 2 1/2 year old, Max, and his trash truck, two cars and dinosaur. *Smile*

IMAGES:


Picked and put in my pocket: sweet pea, violet butterfly-bush flowers, yellow rose. In my bag: 2 bottle caps and feathers.

The fall of brown pine needles (evoking sadness); oak leaves, chestnut leaves, ginkgo leaves; chestnuts, their balls spiny and green, and big enough to make The Hulk jealous *Laugh*; chewed up remains of a walnut husk (no squirrel seen).
23,482

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/532363-Chestnuts-remember-The-Hulk