*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549784-Heartbroken
by Ashlen
Rated: ASR · Book · Romance/Love · #1349213
A summer of love that leads to a lifetime of memories. Lies,deceit,confusion, and passion.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#549784 added November 17, 2007 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Heartbroken
The floor was hard and cold and it was far from comfortable, not to mention she was inhaling a very strong scent. Groaning she opened her eyes and looked around lazily. Then, finally noticing the group of relieved, curious, and ecstatic faces surrounding her she jumped up. ‘Why are you all looking at me?’ she whispered nervously. Her eyes wandered over the group and slowly began to realize that she knew all but one person in the group. Her mother, father, and maid were gathered around her and then one man who looked increasingly familiar. Suddenly understanding began to flood her face and her eyes widened. ‘Mr. Hesston? Are you absolutely positive Ian is…,” she lowered her voice to a near whisper, ‘alive?’ Nodding, a great smile broke out onto his face and his eyes creased with happiness. ‘Ms. Brooke I have one more surprise but this one is a bit larger than what I just told you. I’m going to respect what you said earlier and trust that you can handle it….Ian is outside.’ Screaming with happiness Brooke threw herself off the ground and grabbed a brush, quickly running it through her hair. With one hasty glance in the mirror she raced down the stairs and out the front door to see a black Ford sitting on her great circle drive.

         As polished leather shoes stepped out of the Ford, Brooke grew dizzy and grabbed tightly to her fathers shoulder. Slowly the striped pants legs and black belt came into view. As more and more of a mans broad figure appeared, Brooke grew more and more hopeful. At the moment she felt her heart about to burst from anticipation, his profile was revealed and tears burst from her eyes. “Ian!” she screamed and threw herself towards him. She was within an arms reach before she stopped cold. “Ian?” she whispered and the dead look in his eyes sent chills running down her spine. He reached down and grabbed her frail hand, bringing it to his lips, he planted a firm kiss and said “I missed you.” Salty tears gathered and left muddy trails of mascara down her otherwise flawless complexion. “Where the hell have you been?”
         “You really do cry too much.” he grinned and lifted her up, spinning her around as her skirts wildly danced in the wind. She tossed back her head and laughed harder than she had in years. As he let her down she threw herself into his arms and he grasped her hand tightly. Turning towards the parents he nodded his head and said “Would you mind if we went on a walk?” Her father’s face was smiling and bright and he nodded at Ian “ Of course. Just get her home at a decent hour.” Smiling Ian agreed and led Brooke towards the worn path they used to walk.
         “Baby!” she yelled and tossed a dirty look at Ian, crossed her arms, and began too pout. Then she couldn’t hold it anymore and she burst out in giggles. “Honestly Brooke! I don’t want to get lost.” She laughed harder and skipped farther into the woods. “We wont! I promise.” Sighing he consented but as he walked closer to her, he pushed her back into the oak tree and grasped her face in his strong hands. His hot breath grew closer to her waiting lips and just as they were about to meet, he broke into a smile and let go, running down the path. “Ian!!” she screamed and chased after him. They stumbled down the hillside and finally collapsed in the middle of the poppy field, out of breath and laughing hysterically. “Ian?” she whispered when she could talk again. “Mhm?” he mumbled. “This is where…were we were together last. Isn’t that romantic? Promise to never leave me again!” His eyes clouded over and he sat up. “Brooke. We need to talk.” The grim look that echoed on his face cause a shot of pain through her heart “Oh god. Not again.” she thought.
         “I didn’t die.” he began. “That was a miscommunication between the hospital and the insurance company. I was completely unaware of the mistake and continued to live my life. When I received no letters from you and you never answered mine, I was afraid you had given up on me. I slowly and painfully tried to forget you as I believed you had done to me and focused mainly on my job. My father recently read an article about a rich family’s insane daughter to be sent to an insane asylum, and recognizing your name, sent for me. But the truth is, I can’t stay. My job and new life beg for my return and we were young. First love is hard to lose and I will never forget you. Brooke, we both need to move on with our lives.” His speech ended with Brooke’s mouth hanging open. She reached over and slapped him hard across the face in anger. Her mouth twisted in rage and she flung herself off the ground. Not daring to make her more angry, Ian rolled out of her range and stood up. He watched her run across the field, hot tears flying, knowing he was losing her forever. But there was no sense of regret or pain in his heart. She was never his, she was Ian’s.
© Copyright 2007 Ashlen (UN: fatallyashley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ashlen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549784-Heartbroken