*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560231-Holy-Tea
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#560231 added January 10, 2008 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Holy Tea
Katya the Poet is doing a drop-in poetry workshop here on the site in conjunction with a real-time workshop where she lives. She is one of my favorite poets here at WDC, and I'm hoping to learn a lot.

I haven't been able to find a poetry workshop in my vicinity, though surely they must exist. There creative writing classes offered but I am most interested in sharpening my poetic voice and technique.

Part of the early assignments for the workshop are to create collage poems or found poems. This consists of cutting out words and phrases from magazines, at random, without planning, then combining the words more or less coherently into a poem.

I think the universe conspires synchronistically to put words in front of us that we unconciously need to feed our psyches, and it stirs a process of just-right creativity....

like brewing a perfect pot of tea.

So sit, and enjoy a sweet, smoky, milky cup of lapsang souchong with me....and have some Holy Tea


"Holy Tea
"Body Talk

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560231-Holy-Tea