*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564998-Mixed-Emotions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#564998 added February 2, 2008 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
Mixed Emotions
Life is full of "Invalid Entry, duality, yen and yang, darkness and light, sadness and joy, etc. That's because humans are dual natured creatures. We have both a body, which is part of the material or physical creation, and a soul, which is a part of the spiritual creation.

Each emotion has its opposite emotion. When we feel one emotion, we often feel its opposite at the same time. The reason for this is that both the ego (physical or material) and the soul (spirit) are involved. When the soul is happy about something then the ego is sad or when the ego is happy then the soul is sad. The reason for this is that when the soul is happy the ego knows that it is going to sacrifice its own pleasure so that the soul can grow and become strong.

This is my own personal theory gleaned for over 60 years of struggle between my ego and my soul. I've found that when my ego sacrifices then my soul grows, but that later on the sacrifice helps my self-esteem and thus my ego in some small way. That is because the soul is a spiritual entity and is willing to share with its partner in this life. The soul realizes that it isn't diminished by the sacrifices, but rather enhanced and strengthened.

Every sacrifice made by the ego or the soul will help the soul grow in someway. Of course, if one makes sacrifices deliberately it should be the ego sacrificing for the soul, but that is often very difficult. That's one of the reason we have children. Children force the ego to make sacrifices that enhance the individual's soul.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564998-Mixed-Emotions