*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564787-desert-island
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#564787 added February 1, 2008 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
desert island
I am stranded on a "Invalid Entry with three items and one person. The problem is choosing the items and the person. I have difficulties making certain types of decisions, which is probably why I work on a spur of the moment decision-making process.

Being stranded on a desert island fits the spur of the moment process because you usually don't know ahead of time. From the movies, I've watch about people being stranded on a desert island you don't get much of a choice. People end up on desert islands for one of two reasons, (1) the boat/airplane sinks/crashes or (2) they sign some agreement, in which they didn't read the fine print, and are transported to the island in some way. In either case, they have no choice of anything and have to react in the moment.

However, if I have a choice of things and person that means that (1) I did read the fine print in the contract or (2) had a premonition that the boat/airplane would sink/crash. If a humanoid looking robot counts as a person and not a thing, then the person I want is Data of Star Trek fame. As for the items a laptop computer with unlimited storage space on the hard drive and two books (1) The Dawn Breakers and (2) Tablets of the Lord of Host.

I like the idea of being stranded on a desert island, not alone of course. However, I know I wouldn't anyone related to me by blood or marriage there. After about seven days I wouldn't want any other human being there either, so that is why Data would be a good choice of person for me. The Tablets of the Lord of Host is a book of scripture so that takes care of my spiritual needs. Although if I don't take a prayer book with me then I'm going to have to memorize the Long Healing Prayer (I'm still attempting to do that) and perhaps the Long Obligatory Prayer (that I'm working on as well). The Dawn Breakers is a book I'm attempting to read, I've attempted it before, bu haven't succeeded as yet.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564787-desert-island