*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569930-The-Aftermath-of-the-OD
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#569930 added February 25, 2008 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
The Aftermath of the OD
So yesterday I had those 2 Mountain Dew Amp energy drinks and was a gigantic ball of energy, too much apparently for my own good. By the time I got home last night I felt as if I'd just run 3 marathons back-to-back-to-back, and was shaking and sweating worse than alcohol withdrawl. Needless to say, the crash is every bit as spectacular as the ascent.

Sad sight of the day: seeing frozen roadkill on top of a crusty snowbank. You know when you look at something just long enough to not know what it is until it's too late and you realize it's not something you want to see? That was me.

Disturbing quote of the day in today's newspaper: In an article about the dangers of sleep medications (both prescription and OTC), this was offered from Mark Boesen, spokesman for the American Pharmacists Association, "There isn't any absolutely safe medication." If this doesn't freak me out and make me distrust doctors and western medicine any more, nothing will.

Sad sight of the day II: Last night was the last night for my favorite pair of PJ pants. I went to sit down and enjoy a sub for a late dinner and I blew the knee right out of them. They were very soft, well-worn and a steady companion; may they rest in peace. Or pieces, as this morning I ressurected them as a pair of shorts.

And what did I absolutely have to stop for on the way to the deli for lunch before I made it here? A Mountain Dew Amp. There could be worse things in life. I need to create more good, clean excitement for myself.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569930-The-Aftermath-of-the-OD