*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571515-chain-smokin-monday-nite
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#571515 added March 4, 2008 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
chain-smokin' monday nite
While indulging my hidden Bob Dylan side...

*Bullet* Was excited to come home and see Kåre Enga in Montana 's Gzaibun 1 in my mailbox last night, and I must say it's fantastic! I stongly recommend everyone check out his blog (way more interesting than mine) and learn how to get a copy of this for yourself. Not only this, but he's from the same spot in Kansas as one of my favorite bands (The Get Up Kids) and has local connections to my area of Western New York. Oh, and he's got fantastic handwriting! (I notice those kinds of things.)

*Bullet* I love waking up and not knowing what day it is. I had no clue it was even remotely close to Tuesday until I heard the garbage trucks outside.

*Bullet* I struggle with comparisons...sometimes I don't understand them. People used to compare my earlier work to Dylan, Kerouac and Ginsberg, long before I'd even read or listened to them. I never felt I was influenced by them in any way, but I knew of their reputations and felt it an incredible pressure to try to live up to. I'd like to think my writing (at least since my time here at WDC) has matured or grown; I'd say it's more touched on by Thom Yorke, Eddie Vedder, Richard Bratigan, Gord Downie, Jeff Tweedy, Isaac Brock, Slug from Atmosphere, and I'm sure I'm leaving out a bunch of others.

*Bullet* My bro gave me his guitar over the weekend, an old acoustic. It'll give me something to do, since I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar (**does a high Hawksley Workman leg kick**) and have no clue how to. In a recent job interview, they asked me what I thought was my "dream job". I answered "Rock Star". Hey, at least I was honest...what was I supposed to say, President?

*Bullet* Forgot to turn the heat down when I left the house yesterday during our heat wave; what I should've done was cracked a window, which I did when I came home. Managed to fall asleep with the window open; woke up to fresh snow on the ground. *Rolleyes* Will spring ever come?

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571515-chain-smokin-monday-nite