*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572518-Make-up-for-Mar-4-LL-Ideas-527-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#572518 added March 9, 2008 at 4:35am
Restrictions: None
Make up for Mar 4 LL Ideas 527 words
First Stalker Chapter :
Shortly after the frat party where they meet Chad, the phone rings in Justyn and Lacey’s dorm room. Justyn is running out the door to class and picks it up quickly. She breathlessly answers “hello”, sounding rushed. There is no answer on the other end. Since she is in a hurry, she shrugs her shoulders and drops the phone back into the cradle. Its no big deal to her of course. Its college, with a huge number of kids on campus. Wrong numbers are totally common. Now, if it were Justyn, she’d sit there and have a conversation with someone on the other end, just for the fun of it. But not everyone is like her, of course. Most people would apologize and hang up quickly. There are those, of course, who would just hang the phone up upon realizing there was a wrong number dialed. Again, no big, in Justyn’s mind. It doesn’t even effect her one way or the other how someone deals with a wrong number.

Headed to class, she thinks about it a little more. Now that you mention it, they have been having a lot of hang ups lately. The Resident Advisor in their dorm had posted a bulletin last week stating that the phone lines were being updated all over campus, and some of the phones would be temporarily out of service. She supposed that was probably it, probably just a random thing here and there. Sucked though, because now that she thought about it, they probably weren’t’ hangups. They probably were calls that were getting dropped because of the lines. What a pain in the ass, she thought as she jogged to class. Probably someone cute too, damn it! Well, what could you do, she shrugged. The entire campus was having the same problem, everyone was aware of it. SO hopefully, Mr. Cuteness would figure that out and call back!

A few days later, the phone rings again, and this time Lacey picks it up. She’s in the room studying, while Justyn is out somewhere (working, class, whatever). No one on the other end of the phone. She is deep into Poly Sci tonight, so very absent-mindedly, she hangs up the phone again.

Later that night, when Justyn is back, the phone rings again. Justyn answers, since she is closer. “Joe’s Pizza Joint” she answers. Lacey laughs at her across the room. She is constantly coming up with new and inventive ways to answer the phone. Their friends know Justyn’s voice, and know that their dorm room could at any give time be Joe’s Pizza Joint, Bob’s Mortuary, Frank’s Massage Parlor, or some place even more risqué. Some have even taken to responding to her (which Justyn loves) or help her come up with new ones. People who don’t know her usually hang up and call back. Which amuses Justyn greatly of course.

Assuming that the hang up is truly due to Justyn, and not the faulty phone system, this time is no exception. Ten seconds later, the phone rings again. Sticking her tongue out, Justyn answers, this time christening the room as the local cemetery.

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572518-Make-up-for-Mar-4-LL-Ideas-527-words