*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572519-Make-up-for-Mar-5-LL-Ideas-504-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#572519 added March 9, 2008 at 4:36am
Restrictions: None
Make up for Mar 5 LL Ideas 504 words
“Uh….is this where Lacey lives?” a nervous voice asks.

“Sure is.” Justyn says. “And you can talk to her for a quarter. Payable directly to her answering service.” Lacey laughed again. Justyn was such a smart ass. She wondered who was being harassed this time.

“Hold on a sec, here she is,” Justyn said as she tossed the phone to Lacey.

“Hello,” she said. She was grateful for the break from Poly Sci for the moment. She loved the class, but one could only cram so much into one’s head at a time.

“Hello,” she said again into the phone. “Hello?” Nothing but air. “Justyn, did you scare someone off again?”

Justyn laughed. “Ha, no, he was on there when I tossed the phone over. Its these damn phones. I sure as hell hope they fix them soon! This is getting to be a huge pain in the ass!! I don’t know about you, but I’ve sure missed out on some calls this week. I’ve gotten three with dead air that I remember right off the top of my head.”

“Yeah, I’ve taken a few too,” Lacey agreed. “Damn it all, that was a guy, too! I love ya, babe, but you can’t distract me from Poly Sci the way some tall hunk of man can!”

“Ah, sorry, my friend! You know I never hang up on men. You just never know where that conversation may take you!”

More ideas : Cut to a segment from Chad’s point of view. He has been trying to call several times during the week, with no success. Each time, he hears the hello, and hears one of the girls talking, but they aren’t able to hear him. Damn these phones. Luckily, he heard it from one of the guys in the Tech program that they should be finished updating the lines by late next week. Geez, maybe then he would be able to ask Lacey out. He’d been thinking about her since the night of the party. What has he been thinking about? Nothing too sappy, he doesn’t love her yet, just thinks he wants to get to know both of the girls better. He thinks they are just a kick in the pants, and is sure they will be lots of fun. Maybe he and Nathan and the girls can go out and hang out, do some stuff. Like the other night at Rickles. Chad doesn’t want to approach Lacey in their lecture class, too many people around. Geez, it took enough guts to just call her, let alone talk to her in front of 150 people. Ok, so its not like he would be asking her out from the podium or anything. But still. It was best to do this kind of thing in person, or on the phone. And seriously, if this phone crap didn’t get fixed soon, he’d just have to meet her after class or something. How dorky can you be, and how sixthth-grade! He doesn’t want to look stupid of course.

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572519-Make-up-for-Mar-5-LL-Ideas-504-words