*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575663-I-dont-eat-my-words-as-often-as-I-swallow-my-laugh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#575663 added March 25, 2008 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
I don't eat my words as often as I swallow my laugh
*Bullet* The best part of spring is a new year rising...everything rising...plants, leaves, hope, truth, love. I have no choice but to believe in life's rebirth. Spring is probably my most optimistic time of year. It sets the stage for the year to come.

*Bullet* Submitted my name/number to the village for the upcoming mens' softball season, hoping someone will pick up a light-hitting but fast and decent-fielding second baseman/catcher. I last played 2 or 3 summers ago, and I'm not ready to hang up the cleats yet. I was horrible that year...my first as a catcher. I couldn't hit my way out of a wet paper bag. I decided I wasn't going out like that; I need this summer to be productive and I still think I've got a few swings left in me. That and I won't be playing with the J-bags, which means I won't be batting in the bottom of the 7th with the bases loaded, 2 outs, needing a hit to win the game, and whiffing while fighting off a slight buzz. I spent more time next to the beer cooler than I did on base. Not good.

*Bullet* HIPPIE ALERT! At the village board meeting last night I volunteered for the annual "Clean Up Depew Day" in April. Good karma. And I may volunteer to help plant trees in the village, as we got a grant from the state to replace trees we lost in various storms in the past year and a half. Don't worry, I'm not gonna burn any bras or stop showering.

*Bullet* THE RULE OF THE DAY: If you're going to come to the library for internet access, please make sure you're prepared for one thing: make sure you know the basics of using a computer! This weird old guy gets on next to me, and for the two hours he's there, he's struggling. I mean, he's struggling. He's having a rough go at things. And I'm trying to mind my own business, go through my emails, etc, but this guy is a train wreck with a keyboard. I know he had to have some knowledge, as he had a printout of some product he was looking for, but as he sat down and couldn't figure out how to open up Internet Explorer and had to ask for assistance from the main desk I knew he was in for a hard drive (ok, lame pun intended). Then he kept asking me simple questions as if he was actually trying to test my patience (I must admit, I passed with flying colors and managed to not kill nor maim this poor, lost individual), and somehow he managed to pull up some Chinese website. At that point I closed everything out for him (he didn't know what the little "x" at the top right hand corner was for) and tried to start him over, which I think confused him more. The ironic part of all this, might you ask? The product he was attempting to research was MSN's Microsoft Windows TV. Somewhere in a third world country, Bill Gates is smiling knowing that this man is soon gonna line his pockets a little more, so that Mr. Gates will have even more ching to give to the starving kids in Rwanda instead of the millions he flew over in America on his way there.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575663-I-dont-eat-my-words-as-often-as-I-swallow-my-laugh