*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576196-Anti-American-Moi
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#576196 added March 29, 2008 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
"Anti-American? Moi?"
This is my response to "Invalid Entry by GeminiStar for "Follow the Leader"   by mood indigo .

I see America as:

1. A place where my parents raised me. A place where others yearned to come to or fled to. A place where my grandparents' and great-grandparents' bones have been planted.

2. A place where people from all over the planet have taken advantage of the Native American's hospitality, but not always been good house-guests.

3. A landscape that has been abused the last two-three hundred years by the greedy offspring of those who raped the lands they came from. Only a few of their offspring are now willing to accept responsibility for sustaining the land that allows them to breathe.

4. A cultural melting of disparate influences from all over the world. No fences are high enough to keep out the neighbor's music, the lilt of their tongues, their concepts and philosophy, their artistry.

5. A land afraid of change. Defining the 'good old times' as a place to go back to, America is a place that fears to embrace the vision of the future of humanity. A place that more than anywhere on earth is the testing grounds for whether the human race can go forward together in peace or whether it fades away as so many other species in the history of this miniscule 3rd planet around a 2nd rate sun in a galaxy that is only one in a million.

So, when someone questions my religious, spiritual, cultural, social or political views that are much broader and embracing of the human condition ("Human Rights are God given Rights" that belong to each and everyone of us) than their narrow personal or group belief systems that seek to define (for everyone) what it is to be "American", excluding me and many others, do I need to ask: Where do you want me to go back to? Where did YOU come from?

Or do I merely accept that they too are a voice of America?

This is my 18th and last response for FTL.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

My previous entries:

1. "Crying children Circle round in adoration
2. "Gone, fishing Old tin bucket
3. "How I behave around different people In five part disharmony; also in "Friendship and family
4. "Level 28 Blood Elf Hunter Letter from Kwn
5. "Hobo stew Sopa
6. "She wants to know if I'm lost Anemones
7. "Thirteen ways of looking at a blank page Counting back from 13
8. "Sarcasm dripping from most of its wonderful crevices Me Attitude
X. "And they paved paradise ... me very own lead entry ... *Laugh*
9. "This time last year March any year
10. "Well whaddya know? Well whaddya know?
11. "Bonus (Bones, Bones R Us, Us Bones) ... for Shannon's "Bonus".
12. "Easter isn't really about bunnies
13. "Birthdays and Boundaries, What a Bonus! Birthdays and boundaries
14. "Zany Schemes Birth and Death of Dreams
15. "Not only did I fall off the desk Making a fool of myself
16. "Under the influence of being an asshole (black and blue) and "Red-and-black rant: under the influence of being an asshole
17. "IDK MY BFF JILL

Kansas: ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable ** a nice and sunny 53º day.
3510

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576196-Anti-American-Moi