*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580399-the-illitureatureate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#580399 added April 19, 2008 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
the illitureatureate
I so want to read this book. But I can't.

The Sound And The Fury by William Faulkner.

Too many names/characters right off the bat. Bad punctuation. Indentations at the weirdest times. N-bombs dropped whenever. It's like reading me without the racial undertones. Unsettling and unable to be kept up with. I can't get into it. Help me! I was told I'd like it!

Ashley, if you want this I'll pass it along. Considered buying a 2nd copy (at 50 cents) just to mail it to ya. But it's that bad. At least to me.

In other news...I entered poetry 2 contests lately, and I don't have much of a chance in either one.

*Bullet* G's contest, with "Lincoln Penny. I apologize at this moment for not being astute enough for having the links to these contests. But her review was honest and beautiful. She got it. Now if only I could get her into some of what I listen to! *Laugh*

*Bullet* Then there's Sensual Roses' prompt contest. "Sand and Water which got me a nice review and praise for the free verse, but knocked for choppiness. Lauded as a potential for lyrics, but smacked for not being singable (to an extent). Ummm, it's free verse...don't front on me and tell me what I already know. Maybe free verse isn't as free as it used to be.

Peace homies, and to Faulkner.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580399-the-illitureatureate