*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581530-Limbs-entwined
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#581530 added May 9, 2008 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Limbs entwined
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

Limbs entwined

At the end of time this is how I wish they would remember us: two cottonwoods along life's path, amidst the myth of mist, reaching across the gulf, entwined. But, fog and fading colors give a false perspective. How separate in truth. We barely know each other, barely touch each other's roots. But, at the end of time and tunnels and come the bright white light, this is how I wish be remembered: me and you entwined.

         two trees
         limbs entwined
         shared roots

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.47] 2008-04-24

Inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe's Winter Cottonwood East V (1954):

http://www.museumsyndicate.com/item.php?item=16909

ME:


Went to event at Haskell Thursday evening. Ken Lassman and Smoky McKinney spoke. I did end up reading two pieces: "To fly [year162.ff] (296w) and "Of mice, owls and moonflowers.

It was held at the museum. What struck me was how many children died there. The conditions of the boarding school were brutal in the early days. As a BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) school it was run military style and purposely set out to destroy native culture. Even now it is apparent how the university is so impoverished money-wise compared to KU. You'd have to visit to understand. The comparison is striking.

Rockefeller just gave $100 million to Harvard, an institution which has an endowment over $35 billion. I'm sure the impoverished and homeless huddled in the halls of Cambridge will rejoice.

So, fairly pleasant day yesterday.

Today ... met with Kelly about finding a new place. I wish I knew what my plans for May were. If I go on the road, no reason to get a place. And what about June and July? I don't want to commit to something here if I'm going to be elsewhere. So much uncertainty. My finances are okay but limited and to keep them in good shape I cannot afford to waste or act foolishly.

IMAGINE:

The taste and sound of chewing gum; seep of water soaking shoes; beep of the fire station; chirping birds; low grey clouds; plastic billowing; willows and their catkins swaying; a white dog dirty pawed.

The fragrance of lilac, vibernum and crabapple, picked, placed in the pocket.

Phlox in front of the hair salon:



Kansas: 51 degrees, chill and deteriorating. Snow in Nebraska.
4243

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581530-Limbs-entwined