*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581688-What-the-river-says-after-Wm-Stafford
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#581688 added April 27, 2008 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
What the river says; after Wm Stafford.
** Image ID #1320348 Unavailable **

What the river says

What the river says
that is what I say.
Each season pens another line
each word another day,
each passing cloud a moment's thought,
each ripple heart's dismay
that what flows by me too must pass.
What the river says, I say.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [165.52] 2008-04-25

"What the river says that is what I say." is a line from a William Stafford poem.

ME:


Exhausted last night at Aimée's. Almost fell asleep on the couch. Long tiresome walk home. Went straight to bed before midnight and got up at 11:30. Guess I needed the sleep.

Already called my aunt and mother, so weekly family duties are done. Need to call friends, send out emails and find out whether there are any options out there that I haven't considered re having a place to stay-in/rent by Wednesday. By the 31st of April ... I'm out.

I'd stay if I thought I could afford to. I'll miss the birds and the closeness to Kelly's Diner, my bank, Independence Inc. and having the busstop at the end of my driveway. *Smirk*

Cold weather has meant that spring came late. Now with the strengthening sun, everything else is trying to catch up. The forsythia has just faded and the first irises have bloomed. Usually they are weeks apart. This is Redbud Season. Yeppers. When the Redbud blooms in Kansas ...

WRITING:

Hmmm ... yep. Went to a workshop today led by Caryn Mirriam Goldberg. Got 4 poems from it. I find workshops wonderful for my poetic process and wish I had a daily morning (or preferably evening) workshop I could attend. I work well with prompts and bounce off other people's energy and thoughts. There were about 18 of us gathered around the theme, "Writing the river and the road".

IMAGINE:

Tulips: orange, pink, purple, red, white and yellow, single and double petaled, single stemed, doubled twins, multi-flower bouquets.

Redbud, crabapple, iris. Everything blooming or budding.

Me and my shadow in front of Aimée's:



Kansas: 61º *Cool* and sunshiny cool. ** Image ID #1329288 Unavailable ** .
4262

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581688-What-the-river-says-after-Wm-Stafford