*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583704-If-things-end-up-a-bit-too-heavy-well-all-float-on
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#583704 added May 6, 2008 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
If things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on.
"Invalid Entry We'll attempt to salvage what we can and let the rest sink to the bottom of the ocean. It will sink to the bottom of the ocean where it will be covered by layers silt and debris. After a thousand or so years it will become fossils, which after another few thousand years will rise to become mountains and create new islands and continents.

Holding onto things, situations and emotions, after there time has passed is something I and almost every human being has a problem with periodically. It is the holding on that is the problem. We hold on, we feel the emotion or items slipping away and we hold tighter. The tighter we hold to the situation, the tighter we hold to the emotion, the tighter we hold to the item, the more it drags us down and holds us back.

Figuring out when to let go is difficult. If we let go too soon then we give up any chance to salvage. If we let to too late then we drown. There is a point in every relationship, in every situation, that is the optimum time to let go. The problem is that in many cases a person is too close to the situation to see the point of no return. The point when letting go is the only way to survive.

I listen to the words echoing through my mind as I write.
I realize I am talking to me.
I realize I am lecturing myself through a blog entry.


** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583704-If-things-end-up-a-bit-too-heavy-well-all-float-on